Since 1988, TPAS Cymru has been integral in promoting effective, sustainable relationships between tenants and landlords.
The Management Committee is the fundamental driving force behind TPAS Cymru. With regular participation and consultation with the TPAS Cymru team, the Management Committee ensures that TPAS Cymru remains true to its core values of promoting tenant participation in communities throughout Wales.
Our Committee prides itself on its diversity and its ability to exchange information and ideas for the advantage of our Wales-wide membership. Our elected officers are from tenants’ groups, local authorities, housing associations and supported housing groups. We also benefit from the experience of our honorary representatives from organisations such as Shelter Cymru and Tai Pawb.
Becoming a member of the Management Committee is a great opportunity to develop both personally and professionally. It gives you the chance to:
- Experience leading a national organisation
- Contribute to developing good governance with a not for profit organisation
- Play a key part in TPAS Cymru decision-making and planning
Level of Commitment
- The Management Committee meets once every quarter to discuss a range of topics and issues and to plan the future work of the organisatio (TPAS Cymru meets tenant travel and out of pocket expenses)
- Members have an opportunity to be part of sub-groups and the Executive Committee, meeting on an adhoc basis
- Each member of the Committee acts as a representative and ambassador for TPAS Cymru. Every member has the opportunity to raise the profile of TPAS Cymru by attending external meetings and events
The elections for Management Committee positions are held every November at our AGM. We would welcome nominations from our membership to help formulate the future of tenant participation.
I am enjoying my time as Chair and I feel very privileged to have been nominated as Chair of TPAS Cymru. I have been the ambassador for TPAS for the last two years and I have met many tenants from England, Scotland and at home here in Wales. If you get the chance to be a member of the TPAS Cymru Management Committee, don’t hesitate as it is well worth the effort and you will enjoy every minute!
- Margaret Bracegirdle, former Chair of TPAS Cymru Management Committee
For more information about our Management Committee and the election process, please contact: Clair Buckley, Support Services Manager, TPAS Cymru
Phone 02920 237 303